Website Technical Details
Your Browser User Agent
The branch website has been hosted by Streamline.net since late 2004.
- HTML for presentation
- CSS for making pages look prettier than standard HTML.
- PHP for server-side HTML page generation.
- XML for storing programme and tower data in a structured format, so the data can be re-used on multiple pages.
- RSS feed dynamically created by PHP for the latest updates from the branch.
- KML for projecting the tower information in Google Earth.
- Java (J2SE) for the JBlueLine applet
- Perl for off-line generation of the site index.
External Code Re-use
- Google Maps API for displaying the branch towers on a browseable map.
- Google Search for searching within this website via the site index page.
- Ordinance Survey's OpenSpace for locating places on OS Maps using grid references.
- Many of the branch tower photographs have been taken from Geograph, sponsored by Ordinance Survey.
- YouTube API for finding bellringing related videos to display.
- Cooliris for the photo wall.